Sunday, November 7, 2010

More on burlap...

Here are the curtains I made during my burlap crazed week! They were all no-sew and took no time at all....

For these small valences I fired up my glue gun and just glued up a hem on the bottom and the two sides (to make neater edges). Then I made a rod pocket for each by folding over the top and securing the fabric together with glue. I bought felt embellishments at the craft store and glued those on too- a very simple, very quick and very cheap way to finish off a window!




For these cafe curtains I bought stitch witchery (which you can find in any fabric store), measured the length and width I wanted, pinned it down and ironed a hem. Then I folded over the top of the fabric to form a pocket for the rods, placed the stitch witchery between the fabric where I wanted it and ironed. Then I added a ribbon border at the bottom - I used blanket binding which made it very easy. Done!








No comments: