Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sooo, I've been away. But, I have a good reason for not blogging. We spent most of December in France without Internet- gahhh!!!), and I've spent most of January shoveling snow. But, here it is Sat am and I thought it would be a nice chance to get back into it.
My mother-in-law recently bought a house in the small village where my husband's family lives and since we were the first to use it, we had the good fortune of getting to buy furniture for it. I at least was happy! However, I did find it's not easy to make even a real true French country house look like, well, a French country house on an Ikea budget! But I tried. Anyway, it's a work in progress for sure!! It's got to be the kind of house that gets filled up over time, so that there are layers and layers of different found objects, furniture and sentimental things.
And, anyway who cares? We had such an amazing time visiting family and celebrating. Every night was like a big party, but no evening was more memorable than Christmas Eve in the barn at Les Landes (though some came close, I have to say!). I've posted some pics below, but think 38 adults, 20 kids, countless bottles of wine, French country charm galore, laughter, and dancing til 4:00 am. Oh yeah!

celebrating my daughter's birthday with a bouche de noel

masked beauties



Christmas Eve- table for err..38?


the gang's all here!


Papo Roger's barn cleans up real pretty, like!

unmasked beauties


beautiful hostesses




family fun


tres belles



LOVE, love, love this picture of Papy Guy!

the gang's all here (again)!


ok, this is a random pic, but it's my favorite purchase- comfy chair from Maisons du Monde and pillow cover I bought on Etsy (that look tres French)!

No comments: