Saturday, April 17, 2010

Feeling Blue...

I don't know why, but blue has never really been one of my favorite colors. Generally, I'm drawn more toward warm colors- I can't get enough of yellow, orange, red, hot pink.. and all shades in between. But I have to say blue is growing on me- especially the vibrant, bold shades. I like it enough that I even agreed to use it as one of the main colors for the kids' new room (if it's EVER completed!). And I'm thinking of adding it as an accent color in some of my other rooms.. mainly because I found a really cool dresser for super cheap that I feel the need to own and therefore must find a place for! Anyway, here are some ideas I found that convinced me that blue is beautiful.

This is the color my daughter picked for the attic bedroom. My only instruction was that she remember she was going to be sharing the space with her brother- in other words: no pink, no purple! I am excited to see how it works out in the attic!

Benjamin Moore Blue Lagoon



My blue heaven! Bold really does work for walls! From Marie Claire Maision.


Who said trim had to be white? From Marie Claire Maison

I am heading down to Salvage Chic Antiques in Pembroke today to take a look at this blue dresser. The price is right and I think it would look cool in my living room.


A pretty blue bathrooom from Country Living

I love the red accent color in this bedroom by Leslie Banks Design. Combines my old love with my new one!


Super fun wallpaper- I'd definitely find somewhere to use it, if only my husband didn't have such a strong aversion to papered walls (or more likely, the task of papering walls!) Sigghhh...
Jamie Drake Alicia B Design from bluehydrangea

I NEED these for my house. NEED. LOVE. from Aniquiare Chicago

No comments: