Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Attic Bedroom

So, we've started phase two of our total house renovation. Last year, when we purchased the 160 year old farmhouse, we knew it would be a long term endeavor to upgrade and maintain it. But we fell in love with the bones of it, and all the small details that make it unique. And, what can I say? Our family thrives in mess and chaos (ha!!) so why not??!! In the beginning, we had to make it livable so we focused on adding a kitchen and a bathroom (both missing when we bought it!), and converting the barn to my workspace (good-bye basement studio!!). But we've been here a year now and it's time to have some more fun. We're putting the kids up in the attic and turning my son's room into a bathroom. I'm so excited about the kids new space- I can't even tell you. I'll document as we go, but to get started, here are some of my inspiration photos




from Coastal Living




from apartmenttherapy.com



from Coastal Living

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been toying with the idea of finishing our own attic, and the quest for inspirational photos (and google) led me here! Great images...love them all! Good luck with your project!